The Brockport Fire Department was dispatched to a reported dryer fire just after noon on December 20th. 2C13 requested Engine 234 to locate to the rear and confirmed smoke and flames were showing. A line was stretched and the fire quickly contained. Hamlin Engine 243 arrived second-on-scene and located on Main Street. The Hamlin crew assisted the Brockport crew with ventilation. Both crews were quickly placed back in service as there was no extension from the fire in the dryer.
The fire started when a crew from Monroe was drying towels in a dryer and the towels caught fire. The incident is being seriously investigated!
- Story and Photos by Jerry Clement.